Our school is a community in which we encourage traditional values of courtesy and respect for one another. We encourage children to take a pride in caring for their environment and to value each other as individuals with respect for one another’s rights and property.
We are pleased to have established strong and varied links throughout the local community. For example:-
- Northampton Primary Academy Trust: The staff of each of the schools within NPAT meet on a regular basis and a variety of activities and opportunities are organised amongst the schools.
- Secondary Schools: We maintain good links with all local Secondary Schools meeting with their staff before the annual transfer of our Year Six pupils. We also accommodate students from local Secondary schools on work experience.
- Acorn Childcare: We have established a close relationship with the staff at the Nursery which is located on our school site. For more information visit their website here.
- Parent Volunteers: We are always keen to welcome parent volunteers into the school who help us in a variety of ways. The invaluable support provided enables us to extend the variety of experiences and support that we can offer groups of children.
- Students: We have established links with local training providers and regularly offer placements to students as part of their training.
- Charities: Each year the school supports local charities and community organisations.
- Local Professionals: Our local Police Community Support Officers (PCSO's) offer us advice and support and often visit the school to lead assemblies raising awareness of safety issues, such as ‘stranger danger’. They, in addition to other locals such as health professionals and even the fire brigade, all come in to school to talk to the children about their role in the community.
Some of the other local organisations we currently have close links with are:-
Lapwings - a new outdoor learning provision based at Delapre Abbey in Northampton who cater for children aged 5-13 through the school holidays. Lapwings offer forest school activities, crafts, games and time spent in nature. In term time they provide similar activities for adults with additional needs. For more information they can be found on Facebook 'Lapwings Brixworth' or contacted via email at email@example.com.